Sunday, March 12, 2006

How to draw.

As a child I drew all the famous characters from magazines. Mickey, Donald, Dombo, Luky Luke, the Dutch Tom Poes, Nijntje, Jip en Janneke, you name it.
I was always very happy when the Donald Duck magazine had a "How to draw" page. They showed you how a Disney character is build with cirkels.
Years and years later when I was doing a comic for the magazine of the National football association they wanted to give the comic some special attention. I proposed to do a drawing competition amongst the readers. And there was my chance to do a "How to draw" page with my own character.



We had 42 entrys from children with ages from 8 to 15. It's funny to have such a collection of drawings of my own character done by children I don't even know.





No comments: